Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

remember the shoutbox isnt private logged on users can view the shoutbox ! If you cant make a shout hit ctrl & F5 together to re-load your javascript it should then work !
@  Chris Vincent : (19 May 2015 - 11:46 AM) Great to hear from you Deano and welcome to the site, if you post in the workshop help stating the bike year and model and any mods we could help
@  deanoxjr1300 : (18 May 2015 - 12:18 PM) Hi everyone new to this site I'm having problems starting the bike up.sometimes she fires up straight away other times starter motor just turns over also sometimes no response at all but rev counter goes up down.battery condition seems OK and getting a good spark any ideas.cheers
@  SneachtaMadadh : (08 May 2015 - 08:38 AM) I suspected this but needed confirmation. Thanks Captain for you response
@  captain caveman : (07 May 2015 - 03:30 PM) Sneachtamadadh sounds like your tightening clamps to tight, only need to be tight, just nip them tight
@  SneachtaMadadh : (06 May 2015 - 09:04 PM) Hi, My head is melted - cleaned me carbs - reinstalling them - everything slipped in as it should except the air box clamps - they slowly move off the carbs when i tighten them. The head clamps are seated and easy but i can't seem to seat the air clamps - any suggestions :-) sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place
@  Boothie64 : (06 May 2015 - 10:58 AM) airbox
@  aPoPhus : (05 May 2015 - 02:52 PM) Hiya Guys, where can i get those 2 rubber things that fit between the 2 top fins on the front side of the head ?
@  Fujifilm : (04 May 2015 - 09:42 PM) Thanks CC will get on the case and ask about luggage cases,
@  captain caveman : (04 May 2015 - 06:20 PM) Hi Fujifilm the XJR is a great to tour on, fuel injection 2014 are still available in the old shape, as with buying new bike nothing to worry about as you know you will have warranty to rely on, be cheeky you could get dealer to throw the hard luggage cases in on the deal, also there is FJR1300 which is perfect for touring has it all
@  Fujifilm : (03 May 2015 - 10:39 PM) Hi All.  I am just checking out my local dealers looking to buy a XJR to go and tour Spain. Will be two up so the latest model is not suitable, need that big comfy seat of the earlier models presume that will be 2014 or before. Any purchase advice would be much appreciated. Bit about me age, 66 started riding on my 16th Birthday. Have two bikes at present Duck 848 corse se and a CBR600F , one will have to go to make room for an XJR . Hope they will make a good touring bike just love the looks, not tried one yet hope to get a road test this week. Any you guys live Manchester way. Thanks for any help in advance.
@  Chris Vincent : (03 May 2015 - 05:02 PM) Cheers cc good luck with your plastering m8
@  ianmack : (02 May 2015 - 07:26 AM) Do the forks from an SP fit a regular xjr
@  captain caveman : (01 May 2015 - 09:53 AM) Chris got the plasterer here and he is working Monday, enjoy the run mate
@  Chris Vincent : (30 April 2015 - 07:25 PM) Antone going to the mayday run to hastings on monday?
@  captain caveman : (28 April 2015 - 05:37 PM) Aye up Roadrad see you very soon, I will  have another Lap dance at Eurofest lol
@  Roadrad : (27 April 2015 - 06:24 PM) Evenin' all ��
@  powermouse : (27 April 2015 - 04:44 PM) Things are good Andy, looking up,
@  AndyF : (27 April 2015 - 10:48 AM) Ay Up PM how's things??
@  powermouse : (26 April 2015 - 08:27 PM) Havnt been here for a long while, Hellooooo
@  Chris Vincent : (24 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) Lol thanks cc made my day! Sort of.

Photo

Xjr13 Headlight Required

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drewski

Drewski

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

Finding it hard to find an affordable one. Can anyone help me out? Or does anyone now of any decent pattern replacements?

TIA, Drew.

#2 SwissJon

SwissJon

Mental overload.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts
  • Location:Across the channel where the land gets all spikey..
  • Interests:Riding bikes, fast boats, beautiful women and... Ah fk it, that's enough..

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

Finding it hard to find an affordable one. Can anyone help me out? Or does anyone now of any decent pattern replacements?

TIA, Drew.

Can't help you directly mate..

But look here:
http://yamahaxjr1300...h...st&p=133395

Seems the GSX1400 lights fit directly.. Might be worth hunting out one of those (I think they look better than the OEM ones anyhow)
Hung like Einstein.
Smart as a donkey.

Posted Image

#3 SwissJon

SwissJon

Mental overload.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts
  • Interests:Riding bikes, fast boats, beautiful women and... Ah fk it, that's enough..

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Here.. Just found this for 45

http://www.justbandi...s...r=&PT_ID=81
Hung like Einstein.
Smart as a donkey.

Posted Image

#4 Vern

Vern

Oh F**k it - Lets have a drink instead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Beer & Rugby

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

I got one you can have for nothin as long as you pick it up or pay the postage and it aint in bad nick - just a spring missing which you will be able to get from your local Yam dealer. Pm me if you want it mate
Driven by alcohol - Powered by Suzuki

#5 Drewski

Drewski

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

I got one you can have for nothin as long as you pick it up or pay the postage and it aint in bad nick - just a spring missing which you will be able to get from your local Yam dealer. Pm me if you want it mate

That mighty gentlemanly of you sir PM on it's way.

Swiss Jon, thanks for the tips ;)

#6 cooky

cooky

instigator of the DARK SIDE lol

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,020 posts
  • Interests:What do you reckon??????

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

swiss youll pay a lot more for a gsx14 headlight than the standard xjr unit and they are hard to get hold of.

#7 SwissJon

SwissJon

Mental overload.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

swiss youll pay a lot more for a gsx14 headlight than the standard xjr unit and they are hard to get hold of.

The link in the third post is to a new, non-oem gsx14 headlight.. Won't this fit?
Hung like Einstein.
Smart as a donkey.

Posted Image

#8 Drewski

Drewski

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

That link says 7 1/2 inches. I have the XJR1300 one as 22cm, just over 8.5 inches.

I bought a pattern one for my RD350 and the chrome lasted about 2 weeks.

Edited by Drewski, 29 July 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#9 SwissJon

SwissJon

Mental overload.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

:D Glad I asked.. Saved 45. :)
Hung like Einstein.
Smart as a donkey.

Posted Image

#10 cooky

cooky

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

yeah the bandit light and pattern ones are smaller like whats been said the xjr and gsx lights are 8.5 inches.

#11 Drewski

Drewski

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

Anyone know if the XJR12 4KG is the same lamp? 'Looks mighty similar:-

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Drewski, 31 July 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#12 cooky

cooky

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

id say yep the same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users