Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

remember the shoutbox isnt private logged on users can view the shoutbox ! If you cant make a shout hit ctrl & F5 together to re-load your javascript it should then work !
@  Boot : (13 June 2019 - 12:08 PM) Space Hoppers
@  Lale : (19 May 2019 - 08:25 PM) crash bars
@  Boot : (08 May 2019 - 08:08 PM) Tricki, Im guessing the new headlight uses a much lower wattage than the original?
@  Tricki : (30 April 2019 - 11:29 AM) Installed a LED headlight from Higsider, and now got instrument flickering, needles going all over the place and the like. Anyone else experienced this?
@  Tricki : (30 April 2019 - 11:28 AM) instruments
@  lawtom : (18 April 2019 - 05:28 PM) Really struggling to find a guide on fork oil and seal replacement! Anyone advise? Cookys one is from 2003 and the pics are gone...
@  hondaCZ : (10 April 2019 - 06:41 PM) I just replaced broken speedometer with another one and the speed real is lower than it shows. Can speedo be calibrated on XJR 1300 , year 2001? I can´t find it anywhere..
@  Boot : (27 March 2019 - 02:08 PM) Your Balance at 12.39 PM £0.00
@  jeykey : (27 March 2019 - 12:39 PM) close account
@  wilson68 : (09 February 2019 - 07:03 AM) kn filter
@  wreckless : (08 February 2019 - 06:43 PM) just getting used to this site. have an original xjr 1300, 03 plate, black, with the nice paint job. I love it, but not had a big bike before, so still,l a bit nervous of it, but will definitely keep it, 32,000 on the clock, looks lovely. light as a feather when you ride it, but quite heavy, so i find hill starts and right hand turns hard. pleased to join this forum.
@  wreckless : (08 February 2019 - 06:38 PM) Hi everyone.
@  bikerlen : (11 January 2019 - 08:13 AM) All I want is some help withe the wiring. When I got my bike some twat had cut the alrm out. All I want know is How do I sort. I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 34 years but cant get my head around all the frigging black wires. If I cant sort I'm going smash the thing to peices.
@  kylexv750 : (12 December 2018 - 05:01 AM) cafe
@  Tinderbox : (23 November 2018 - 12:31 PM) Afternoon all. Happy to be here with my '03 1300!
@  Hoii : (22 November 2018 - 10:36 AM) Hi all new to site not long had my XJR1300
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM) Done it... Easier than I thought!
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 02:02 PM) Just bought a 07 plated XJR1300 - Chain rather loose gonna have a go this afternoon!
@  Jimbob : (14 October 2018 - 08:22 PM) raise the bars
@  Tilt : (13 October 2018 - 09:35 PM) hi all new to site from Cambridgeshire

Photo

Jet / Needle Settings Baselines...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 uncle brian

uncle brian

found the shops

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:bikes and more bikes

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Okay, I'ii put my hand up. I'm running individual filters with a 4 into 1 Yoshi exhaust system, stage 3 dynojet kit, 1349cc. big bore kit, head worked, flowed ported etc. to match up with 36 y inlets, ignition advanced approx. 4 degrees, compression raised slightly about 10.3 to 1,extra spring plate in clutch, 18 tooth cog to gear it up a tad, slotted cam sprockets to dial in cams more accurately, tuned up on dyno putting out 136 hp. The biggest jets in the kit were too big, I think we ended up with the middle ones in the dynojet kit. Sorry I can't remember exactly as it was a few years ago and we were swapping jets around a bit .But this engine is a cracker, runs smooth, heaps of torque and a pleasure to ride. The mechanic who put it all together said it would benefit from a cold air flow as the hot air coming across the engine to the carbs made it run a bit richer. Haven't done anything about that yet, maybe will have a play soon. I know you will want to see the graph from the dyno Drac, but I haven't got it, it's still recorded on his machine, will have to chase it up one day. regards Uncle.
Bravery is being the only one that knows you're scared !

#17 sharkster

sharkster

found the shops

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Cheers Uncle.....like the sound of that motor :Australia:

#18 uncle brian

uncle brian

found the shops

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:bikes and more bikes

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Thanks Sharks, it's been a gradual progression over the years, did the suspension first, then braided lines and better pads, then a mate made me a fork brace, then some posh risers and ultra low renthals with the risers slanted forward to put put the body a bit lower, then it was some hard luggage and top box, followed by a powerbronze cobra fairing then painted the wheels and fairing to match the blue colour of the bike. I can't claim any credit as Cooky gave me a lot of information early on and the guys and girls on this site had done all the research and I just read up on all the mods that they did. Stay safe mate, regards Uncle
Bravery is being the only one that knows you're scared !

#19 Vern

Vern

Oh F**k it - Lets have a drink instead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Beer & Rugby

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

/>Okay, I'ii put my hand up. I'm running individual filters with a 4 into 1 Yoshi exhaust system, stage 3 dynojet kit, 1349cc. big bore kit, head worked, flowed ported etc. to match up with 36 y inlets, ignition advanced approx. 4 degrees, compression raised slightly about 10.3 to 1,extra spring plate in clutch, 18 tooth cog to gear it up a tad, slotted cam sprockets to dial in cams more accurately, tuned up on dyno putting out 136 hp. The biggest jets in the kit were too big, I think we ended up with the middle ones in the dynojet kit. Sorry I can't remember exactly as it was a few years ago and we were swapping jets around a bit .But this engine is a cracker, runs smooth, heaps of torque and a pleasure to ride. The mechanic who put it all together said it would benefit from a cold air flow as the hot air coming across the engine to the carbs made it run a bit richer. Haven't done anything about that yet, maybe will have a play soon. I know you will want to see the graph from the dyno Drac, but I haven't got it, it's still recorded on his machine, will have to chase it up one day. regards Uncle.

Be very interested to see the dyno graph mate.
Driven by alcohol - Powered by Suzuki

#20 xxdrac

xxdrac

knows everyone in this joint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

i only like to see dyno graps not for BHP as thats means fek all to me and in reality a good dyno shop can make a read out what ever he likes using correction factors ect ect , but i like to see the A/F map and tourqe curve just to collect data

Edited by xxdrac, 27 March 2011 - 01:33 PM.

XXR!

I only brake for fairies, elves, gnomes, the toothfairy, the easter bunny, santa and other little creatures that only I can see.

Posted Image

#21 a1dusty

a1dusty

new in town

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

Sooo...no-one else out there in forum land has pod filters and a dynojet kit in a 1300 ??? unsure.gif

just put pods on mine and open cans  2001sp , i went for the sigma stage 3 , after reading all the negative about sigma hmmm , i have the carb with 3 needle positions , have got the 110 mains in , have ordered some 122.5 and 137.5 mains , its stumbling just at 5000 revs and still a little back popping albeit not as bad as the 96 main that was in there so going to try the 122.5 first and slipp another washer in with the nylon washer on needle and have a play around , put a 4 degree advancer on as well , i have a 2 degree advancer on another engine so with what i have read i shall bear in mind the need to maybe put the 2 degree in , thanks to all the guys for all your info you have put in , will keep posted of all the work i do 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users