Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

remember the shoutbox isnt private logged on users can view the shoutbox ! If you cant make a shout hit ctrl & F5 together to re-load your javascript it should then work !
@  lawtom : (18 April 2019 - 05:28 PM) Really struggling to find a guide on fork oil and seal replacement! Anyone advise? Cookys one is from 2003 and the pics are gone...
@  hondaCZ : (10 April 2019 - 06:41 PM) I just replaced broken speedometer with another one and the speed real is lower than it shows. Can speedo be calibrated on XJR 1300 , year 2001? I can´t find it anywhere..
@  Boot : (27 March 2019 - 02:08 PM) Your Balance at 12.39 PM £0.00
@  jeykey : (27 March 2019 - 12:39 PM) close account
@  wilson68 : (09 February 2019 - 07:03 AM) kn filter
@  wreckless : (08 February 2019 - 06:43 PM) just getting used to this site. have an original xjr 1300, 03 plate, black, with the nice paint job. I love it, but not had a big bike before, so still,l a bit nervous of it, but will definitely keep it, 32,000 on the clock, looks lovely. light as a feather when you ride it, but quite heavy, so i find hill starts and right hand turns hard. pleased to join this forum.
@  wreckless : (08 February 2019 - 06:38 PM) Hi everyone.
@  bikerlen : (11 January 2019 - 08:13 AM) All I want is some help withe the wiring. When I got my bike some twat had cut the alrm out. All I want know is How do I sort. I've been a motorcycle mechanic for 34 years but cant get my head around all the frigging black wires. If I cant sort I'm going smash the thing to peices.
@  kylexv750 : (12 December 2018 - 05:01 AM) cafe
@  Tinderbox : (23 November 2018 - 12:31 PM) Afternoon all. Happy to be here with my '03 1300!
@  Hoii : (22 November 2018 - 10:36 AM) Hi all new to site not long had my XJR1300
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM) Done it... Easier than I thought!
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 02:02 PM) Just bought a 07 plated XJR1300 - Chain rather loose gonna have a go this afternoon!
@  Jimbob : (14 October 2018 - 08:22 PM) raise the bars
@  Tilt : (13 October 2018 - 09:35 PM) hi all new to site from Cambridgeshire
@  charvicvic : (05 August 2018 - 02:48 PM) k&n
@  audriusn : (24 July 2018 - 02:33 PM) damn :) does anyone know the clutch hose length?
@  audriusn : (24 July 2018 - 02:32 PM) clutch hose
@  Joes : (05 July 2018 - 01:47 AM) as I delete here my account
@  Conker : (04 July 2018 - 06:14 AM) Hi all new to the site, put a post into the new members whos who

Photo

Dynojet Stage1

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bettyswollokss

bettyswollokss

Im shy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

I'm not impressed with the so called 6sigma jet kit. It was basically just a bunch of jets and washers. On the dyno it made very health torque at 86ftlbs, but it was running so rich up top we stopped going for a bhp pull at 99.2bhp. I don't go above 6krpm that often so this doesn't bother me one bit, more than happy with 86ftlb! But now I know it's running so bad it's time to fix it, so just bought a dyno jet kit for it. Has anyone had any experiance of the stage1 kit on the XJR?
I'm Only 4fut3 But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

#2 bettyswollokss

bettyswollokss

Im shy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

I'll take that as a no then!
Fitted the kit, DJ100 jets as I've got the full acro with pipercross and airbox mod. What a difference it's made. Lovely from the off and revs nice and clean all the way to the limiter.

#3 Dirkster

Dirkster

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

Hi Betty,  have you had a re-run on the dyno yet to see what the power and torque figures are now?

I'm interested in doing some simple tuning mods myself, but I'm unsure as to what actually 'works'.  It's nice to see some 'sensible' figures for a change (impressive torque btw).

I've scoured the net and other forums for before/after dyno readings and found fantasy figures of around the 130BHP mark.  I think we all know that a 45BHP+ increase over stock (assuming 85BHP max at the back wheel) would take a bit more than a pipe, airbox mod, K&N air filter and a stage 1 kit.

At the moment my old girl only has a Remus Revolution and K&N air filter (in the stock air box).  I had tried the 4 degree ignition advancer, but only experienced very poor results - so I binned it.

The fact that you've got your XJR running cleanly through all the rev range is very encouraging - and impressive.

#4 bettyswollokss

bettyswollokss

Im shy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

Hiya Pal, no not had it back on the dyno, I'm waiting till I need a new rear tyre as it takes a few miles off a tyre on the dyno.
I've seen 130 mentioned, but I don't think it's possible without bigger carbs, cams or pistons. I'll be happy with anything over 120 as long as I don't lose the torque.
The dynojet kit is worth the time and effort, the airbox mod makes sense when you look at it. Surprised to hear you say that about the advanced, I've had nothing but positive feedback, and I've fitted a couple to mates bikes.
The single biggest boost to the grunt of the thing was a gearing change, I'm running 17/41 at the moment, thinking about going to 43 this summer just to see!
What year is yours Mate?

#5 jooles

jooles

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

running black top carbs on a 2004 ,individual k&n filters full race akro system ,had it all set up at pdq in berkshire and getting 134bhp at the back wheel ,and it pulls like a train ,done 5000 miles on it last year and never missed a beat,,,,,so my point is 130+bhp is very easily achieved with a few quid spent in the right places,, 

#6 Dirkster

Dirkster

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:28 PM

Hi Betty, mine's a 2000 SP running cheapo (?) 95 octane fuel, standard jetting and airbox (although the filter looks suspiciously like a K&N).  The exhaust is a Remus Revolution with the baffle removed.  The sparkplugs are nothing fancy.  When I fitted the advancer, the performance was dire - there was an impression of more top-end, but that was only because there was a loss of mid-range.  The motor had the typical tinny mechanical sound and muted exhaust note associated with over-advanced ignition timing and the bike struggled to hit 90-100mph.  Perhaps the advancer will work with a higher octane fuel, but at around £1.40 a litre and a consumption of around 15-20mpg around town (just riding back/to work at the moment), it seems a lot of additional cost for little return.

I've read something about changing the carb inlet rubbers for a later model - what's the purpose of this?  Have they got a wider aperture and/or are they a different length?

#7 Dirkster

Dirkster

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

Hi Jooles, thanks for the info.  So yours is pumping out 130+.  That's a serious increase - did you do the work yourself and let PDQ do the tweaks - or did PDQ do everything?  Did you have your bike dynoed before the work was done too? I'm estimating you've got an extra 40BHP at the back wheel over standard - how does that translate in real-world performance; acceleration, top speed, flexibility, fuel consumption etcetera?

Apologies for all the questions - I simply have to know! :)

#8 jooles

jooles

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

hi ,sorry for the delay dont get on here much ,,right were to start brought the bike in standard form apart from a revolution 4into 1 system and it ran realy well ,never had it on the dyno know real need ,but when i stripped the bike down for the rebuild i fancied k&n individual filters,so fitted them and the full akro system ,now i fitted a full akro system to my previous xjr and so i knew what a massive differance that made ,anyway got the bike built but wanted it propally set up and pdq are one of the best in the country ,when i took the bike up there and said there was not a dynojet kit available for the black top carbs they did say you dont need the whole kit on a lot of bikes ,anyway they needed 3 dyno runs to get everything spot on ,and did they ,,the bike will just lift the front end if not carefull ,and just keeps pulling in every gear with no hesitation ,as fuel goes it depends how you ride it but normal riding not a lot of diffrance ,as i said i done 5000 miles last year ,just got it back on the road again for this year and havnt touched a thing ,and still pulling like the day i picked it up ,,now for the price pdq had to remove the carbs 3 times replacing jets and for that it was about 500 pounds but seeing i saved 130 pound on a dynojet kit and the performance gains i got i was very pleased ,,,,

#9 jooles

jooles

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

26956882528_fccb87fb54_k.jpgfinished 2 by jooles graham, on Flickr

#10 jooles

jooles

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

26956865748_05e491a8d9_k.jpgfinished by jooles graham, on Flickr

#11 Dirkster

Dirkster

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

Jooles, many thanks for your in-depth reply - that's a mighty fine XJR you've got there.  The USD front end, six-pots and polished wheels look superb!

Food for thought.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users