Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

remember the shoutbox isnt private logged on users can view the shoutbox ! If you cant make a shout hit ctrl & F5 together to re-load your javascript it should then work !
@  Tinderbox : (23 November 2018 - 12:31 PM) Afternoon all. Happy to be here with my '03 1300!
@  Hoii : (22 November 2018 - 10:36 AM) Hi all new to site not long had my XJR1300
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM) Done it... Easier than I thought!
@  KevKS : (28 October 2018 - 02:02 PM) Just bought a 07 plated XJR1300 - Chain rather loose gonna have a go this afternoon!
@  Jimbob : (14 October 2018 - 08:22 PM) raise the bars
@  Tilt : (13 October 2018 - 09:35 PM) hi all new to site from Cambridgeshire
@  charvicvic : (05 August 2018 - 02:48 PM) k&n
@  audriusn : (24 July 2018 - 02:33 PM) damn :) does anyone know the clutch hose length?
@  audriusn : (24 July 2018 - 02:32 PM) clutch hose
@  Joes : (05 July 2018 - 01:47 AM) as I delete here my account
@  Conker : (04 July 2018 - 06:14 AM) Hi all new to the site, put a post into the new members whos who
@  Dachley : (25 June 2018 - 04:50 PM) Tyres
@  AndyF : (04 June 2018 - 12:10 AM) seat off, remove 12mm bolt, lift up tank from seat end and then spend a few mins dropping the tank on you hand as you try to remove the fuel pipe and breather
@  5eanBarton : (02 June 2018 - 07:14 AM) tank removal
@  FastFreddy : (29 May 2018 - 05:47 PM) looks like this forum has been abandoned
@  FastFreddy : (28 May 2018 - 10:40 AM) Which is the faster? Yamaha V-max1200 with V-boost or Yamaha XJR1300  acceleration and top end.
@  kmile : (10 May 2018 - 09:51 AM) colortune
@  rotorman : (09 May 2018 - 04:34 AM) chain and sprocket
@  oldanddribbly : (08 May 2018 - 10:27 AM) just took my bike out of winter storage and no current to the ignition. Nowt! battery been on optimiser and has full charge. Any ideas anyone?
@  lawtom : (04 May 2018 - 06:13 PM) Thanks boot. Got it sorted.

Photo

Starting Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JPP

JPP

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:36 PM

Hello everyone.

Newbie here (although Ive been riding for more than 10 years)

I managed to crash my bike in March doing about 60. 5 broken ribs, broken collar bone, broken shoulder blade (Thanks to the kick stand trying to stab me), a broken toe and road rash everywhere. Anyways my bike (2006 XJR1300) came off better than me, frame and forks fine, a few scratches and a banged up petrol tank. I laid the bike over on the side with the alternator, putting scratches on the alternator cover.

3 months after my accident, last month, I finally was fit enough to start working on my baby.

So first off, after replacing the tank, I tried starting her up. She fired fine on 2 cylinders but the other two, both on the right side, stayed cold, even though they were both sparking if I put the plug against the cylinder head. So I figured a problem with the fuel.

A few hours later, Ive got my carbs on the work bench figuring it might be blocked jets. Now I have a stage 1 kit from my previous bike (a 2003 xjr) so I fitted that, new needle and jet, checked everything, put the carbs back in and tried turning the bike over. Nothing, the engine spins as if she's empty.to me this sounds like fuel starvation, but the floats in the bowls are working fine, and the bowls are filling up (checked via the drain under each carb), the slides are sliding freely, and as far as I can tell, its all good.

Stage 1 only effects the main jets I think, which aren't used at idle throttle, so I should get a tickover, even if I screwed the jets, but nada. Plugs clean, getting a good spark, but no fire.

Any ideas about where to go next? I didn't clean any of the other jets, so possible they've got blocked due to some dirk getting sucked in during the crash, so I might buy a carb ovehaul kit, but I'm unemployed and the bike is my only transport, so I don't have a lot of cash. Any ideas ahead of that appreciated.

Ta.

JPP

#2 bettyswollokss

bettyswollokss

Im shy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:43 PM

Clean the carbs, blow out all the little jets nooks and crannys! Get a new set of plugs. Use new fuel, and put an inline filter on the main line from the tank. Make sure the vacuum line is attached. Check the tap too make sure the vacuum is working, attach a pipe too it and suck, it should let fuel out of the main outlet. If this doesn't work rebuild kit for the tap is in order Pal.
I'm Only 4fut3 But I Look A Lot Bigger From A Distance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users