Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

remember the shoutbox isnt private logged on users can view the shoutbox ! If you cant make a shout hit ctrl & F5 together to re-load your javascript it should then work !
@  XJR JINKS : (15 November 2019 - 06:22 AM) SERVICE BOOK
@  Nollie : (16 October 2019 - 06:54 PM) Is there an easy way to bypass the clutch switch?
@  cooky : (10 October 2019 - 06:56 PM) just thought id let you know the site is up and runing again

Photo

Broken Down

Carbs Fuel tap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:12 AM

Morning all. I'm new to this forum and have just joined for a bit of guidance. Last week I had my xjr1300 out on a little run and the bike just cut out completely at about 50mph. I turned the fuel to reserve but this done nothing to help the situation. I managed to push the bike up a hill and the bike would fire up with a bump start however after a couple mins it would just die again. I then tunrend the fuel tap to prime which the bike will no run on although only enough to limp home. I thought it might be a vacume issue if there's no fuel getting through on reserve or in the on position of the fuel tap. I have the carbs off the bike and will strip and clean them somtime this week as well.

#2 Boot

Boot

Chief Scapegoat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, the odd beer, the odd woman, the odd life.

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

The vacuum is operated through a pipe from the tap to No.2 Inlet. Maybe you have a small hole or a split in the pipe. It could be that some rubbish has blocked up the filters in the tank? Maybe the vent pipe in the tank is blocked or kinked.

Oh shit!

#3 s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

I've got the tank off so I'll take the tap out and have a look. Will also check the pipes again but when I took the carbs off the other day I had a quick look at the pipes and they looked fine.

Just strange I've been using the bike everyday for work and then all of a sudden it just dies.

I had just serviced the bike within 80miles of this happening however my mate reckons if it was something I done wrong I wouldn't have managed 80 miles before it breaking down

#4 s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

new in town

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

I've got the tank off so I'll take the tap out and have a look. Will also check the pipes again but when I took the carbs off the other day I had a quick look at the pipes and they looked fine.

Just strange I've been using the bike everyday for work and then all of a sudden it just dies.

I had just serviced the bike within 80miles of this happening however my mate reckons if it was something I done wrong I wouldn't have managed 80 miles before it breaking down

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carbs, Fuel tap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users